Air Traffic Services Assistant – ICAO 051
This is the initial rating that gives students the broad knowledge and skill set required to perform the functions associated with Air Traffic Services Support, including flight data operator, ATSA and briefing officer.
Course duration: 12 weeks
Commencement date: TBA
Entry Level Requirements:
- Age: Minimum 17 years on commencing training
- Matric with Mathematics and English, Science and Geography recommended
- Class 3 Medical
- The candidate must have sufficient ability in reading, speaking and understanding the English language.
The course is comprised of 15 subjects, including
- Aircraft instruments, navigation and operations
- Air law
- AIS General
- AIS theory and procedures
- ATC theory and procedures
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) procedures and documents
- Navigation and maps
- Radio Technical
- Search and Rescue
- Separation standards
- Human factors
All lectures and assessments follow the SACAA approved curriculum. All instruction is in English.